What Is It?
30 days of abiding by a STRICT Paleolithic diet! No Gluten, Grains, or dairy! That means you’ll be eating Meat, Vegetables, Nuts and Seeds, little Starch and some Fruit. This year we’re encouraging you to take part no matter WHAT your goals/level! If you’ve never done a ‘strict’ 30 days, you need to experience it. If you have then you can use this just to get ‘back on track’!
How Am I Going To Do That?
The same way you come in and sweat everyday, community! Join our online social network at paleo.raincityathletics.ca where we have all of our previous challenges recipes, links, FAQ, etc.
Within the online community (mobile friendly too) we will post our daily eats. That means we want you to post everything that you eat & drink every single day, for the next 30 days. You will be able to see what everyone else is eating which will help inspire you for new and interesting meals, recipes etc. as well as hold you accountable! We also encourage you to use My Fitness Pal – and you can even just post screenshots or upload the data from that to our forums.
Why Would I Do That?
At first, my cravings for chocolate and pizza were out of control, but now I rarely even think about it. I know that a big part of those cravings go hand-in-hand with alcohol consumption (thanks in large part to the 10+ late-night pizza places steps outside my apartment, 7-eleven across the street, and McDonald’s in my god damn lobby!!!!!!!!!! Fml.) HOWEVER, when I do have a craving, I just remember how absolutely shitty I felt the next day. I honestly would get worse hangovers from the crap “food” than the booze. My face would be puffy, eyes swollen, hugely bloated + relentless lower gut pain, lunatic mood swings, and headaches. It actually scares me to think that October will end and I will go back to that…so I’m going to try to stick to the (mostly) Paleo lifestyle…because once I start making exceptions, it’s just one big landslide back into junkfood bingeing.
Because it’s good for you! In about 2 weeks we almost guarantee you’ll feel better than you have ever felt before. By following a Paleolithic diet you will decrease the inflammation in your body which will help with everything from your sleep, moods, sore-achy joints and body, and your performance. Oh, and you can win epic prizes… For more details on WHY we promote the Paleolithic Diet, signup (via the event above) and register for access to our community. Inside we have all the resources from our Paleo Seminar about the WHY’s as well as a detailed FAQ, on top of all that you have direct access to our Coaches to answer all of your additional questions.
This is a challenge right? If that’s the case… Can I win???
We’re CrossFitters… Like we said we’ll use the same methods in class (community) as well as a little competitive atmosphere. Of course, you’ll ALL be winners by the end of the month, but we’ll throw in a little bonus as well. Prizes will depend on number of registrations, but previous years we’ve gone Strike Movement shoes & gear, Inov8 shoes, Supplements, gift cards, and more!
Here’s what we look for in our winners:
- Consistency with the Paleo Diet
- Track/post ALL your eating in the Paleo Forum (paleo.raincityathletics.ca)
- Contribute to the Forum – Recipes, Feedback, share your experience!
- Train Consistently – We’ll be checking your training logs to see how consistently you were training during the challenge!
- Take Selfies – you do not have to share these with us, but if you see some crazy results it probably wouldn’t hurt! They will ONLY be viewed by coaches or we will get your permission.
Make sure you have signed up online: raincityathletics.ca/events/paleoctober
Getting Started with #PALEOctober 2015 at Raincity Athletics
- Signup via Zen Planner ($20) – raincityathletics.ca/events/paleoctober
- Signup for our private online community – paleo.raincityathletics.ca (you will be approved once you have registered & paid via zen as well)
- Sign up for My Fitness Pal
- Add @thor604 & join our group
- Head over to the Paleo Resources section in the private community and make sure you’re up to speed on everything from the seminar!
- Take a look at some of the previous challenges meal logs & get inspired!
If you have any questions contact coach Thor @ email@example.com or via Slack.