Our ‘advanced’ Olympic Weightlifting class spends less time teaching the movements and skills, and more time on the barbell. We will commonly not introduce new skills/moves but instead spend 90 minutes lifting hard, and heavy and then following up with accessory work to help strengthen all the necessary muscles to excel in Olympic Weightlifting.
In order to meet the ‘advanced’ requirement of this class, you must be proficient and comfortable in all the major olympic lifts, as well as know your 1 rep max. This class typically includes a large amount of volume based off of % of your max lifts.
Our advanced Olympic Weightlifting class is run & programmed by Coach Taryn.
A couple of Taryn’s Athletic Achievements:
- 2014 10th Annul Ogopogo Open – 1st Place (63kg)
- 2014 41st Annual Seafest Open – 1st Place (63kg)
- 2014 Canadian Western Championships – 3rd Place (63kg)
- 2013 BC Provincial Championships – 2nd Place (63kg)
- 2013 41st Annual Seafest Open – 1st Place (63kg)
- 2012 BC Provincial Championships – 2nd Place (63kg)
- 2012 40th Annual Seafest Open – 2nd Place (58kg)
Check out her bio for full details.