What is the CrossFit Open?
Head over to the event and checkout the information.
‘Against The Odds’ in House Friendly Comp
If you’re a RAthlete you should know the Raincity Rules of Competition, in no particular order:
- Look good
- Have fun
- Don’t lose
- Make friends
Which is why we encourage you to take part in the CrossFit Open as we can 100% guarantee you will crush all 4 of those!
We’re even throwing a little extra into the pot for those who are willing to not only signup, but step up to a friendly challenge with their nemesis.
What is a CrossFit Nemesis?
Everyone has a CrossFit nemesis, whether you’re willing to admit it or not. They might not know they’re your nemesis… but every time you walk into the gym it’s the first name you scout out on the whiteboard, or it’s the name you glance at when you’re half way through. It’s the person who you use as a benchmark, sometimes even without them knowing it!
Time to call them out!
A little friendly competition never hurt anyone (and being someones ‘nemesis’ is actually a form of flattery), so here’s how it works:
Challenge Your 'Nemesis'
This can be done on our Facebook members group, Social Media, or in person.
Once accepted all challenges will be posted at Raincity and people can cast their bets.
Beat The Odds
There will be a challenge board at the gym with all matchups. Make sure to cast your vote BEFORE Thursday at 5pm.
Win Cool Stuff
At the end of the open, we'll see who our 'best gamblers' were, and make sure they get in on the swag too!
- Full Details
- These challenges are for fun – but make sure you challenge (or accept the challenge) from someone of similar level
- You must be registered for the CrossFit Open to take part in the challenges & betting (but you do NOT need to be registered to do the Saturday morning classes/Open WODs).
- If you are registered for the open you may still vote even if you are not involved in a challenge
- You will stay head to head against the same challenger for all 5 weeks – goal is to win against the odds (prizes), or win 3/5 weeks of competition (prizes)
- Those doing the open scaled must challenge other scaled athletes and vice versa
- If you are looking to challenge a master or someone in different division we will assess on case by case basis
- Challenges may be against the opposite sex, but we encourage you to try to stick to same sex
- If there is a weightlifting event the girls score will be x 1.4
- All other scores will be considered equal
- 3 way challenges are acceptable & preferred to multiple challenges
- max of 2 challenges per person – but we encourage you to focus on just one!
- REMEMBER WHAT’S MOST IMPORTANT:
Don’t Lose (the open that is, which we guarentee you won’t)
Contact Coach Thor for more details.
SIGNUP IS CLOSED FOR 2016