Raincity Athletics has partnered with Vancouver College of Massage Therapy for the greatest ‘win/win’ partnership of all time.
VCMT Students are 2nd year Massage Therapy students who have learned the techniques and methods required to begin treatment, and now are in need of some bodies to practice on!
All RAthletes who registered for the Open will have the ability to pre-book for times (just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the time you’d like to book in for) – everyone else will have registration open in the same format as a class (48 hours in advance).
These sessions will be happening every Friday between 1:00 – 5:00PM!
A quick FAQ:
- The sessions are 1 hour long
- You are not required to be naked!
- Sessions will happen in the back of RA or next door on massage beds
- These sessions are NOT available to anyone with an open ICBC claim
- Please come 15 minutes early for your first session in order to fill out the medical history form
- Please ONLY BOOK FOR SESSIONS YOU CAN ATTEND – last second cancellations (even day of) will not be tolerated without good reason and will get you blocked from booking any other sessions.
- 3x / week memberships can book your session for a $5 fee (register as a dropin) – 100% of proceeds from this will be donated to either the BC Burn Fund or Special Olympics Canada (via Motionball)
Sessions are booked via APP.RAINCITYATHLETICS.CA – or via the mobile app.
Read more about Vancouver College of Massage Therapy
THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular massage therapy treatments. Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being.
Massage therapy can be an important part of your health maintenance plan by:
- Reducing or eliminating pain.
- Improving joint mobility.
- Improving circulation.
- Improving lymphatic drainage.
- Reducing muscular tension.
Massage therapy can be used for the treatment of both acute and chronic conditions. Massage Therapists today use their knowledge of physiology and anatomy to combine traditional Swedish and modern massage therapy techniques with other therapies to treat their clients. There has been a wide variety of research, published in peer reviewed journals, proving the benefits of massage therapy for various conditions.
The following is a list of conditions for which massage therapy can prove beneficial:
- Anxiety and depression Asthma and Emphysema
- Back, leg, and neck pain Cancer symptoms
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (repetitive
- strain) Chronic Fatigue syndrome
- Dislocations Fibromyalgia
- Fractures and edema Gastrointestinal disorders
- Headaches Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and
- Insomnia Kyphosis and Scoliosis
- Multiple sclerosis Parkinson’s disease
- Muscle tension and spasm Palliative care
- Post-surgical rehabilitation Pregnancy and labour support
- Sports injuries Strains and sprains
- Stress and stress related conditions Stroke
- Tendinitis Whiplash
Massage Therapy can also be used as part of a preventative care program. This includes sports training, injury prevention, ongoing stress management, and more! Together, you bursitis and your therapist will develop a treatment plan based on your needs. The treatment plan can be changed at any time and you have no obligation to undergo any part of treatment.